Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dinner Time

Here's what the Lord showed me today. Hope it encourages you as much as it did me. Basically, this is a VERY quiet time of life for me with three little ones and one on the way. I mean, let's face it, not many people want to do a play date or lunch date with such a big crew and I can completely understand that:) We are a little limited as to how we can be involved and that's just how it is. So, for now, it seems a little quiet and lonely at times. I was asking Him this morning for some encouragement during this season and this is what He said. Why am I not surprised that it was focused inward instead of outward! HA! Simple in concept....but that's the way my mind works, so that's the way He speaks to me:)
I am realizing that if I am not "eating the book" that I am self condemning, lost and insecure. If I am not digesting His every word, then I immediately focus inward, see ALL the shortcomings and miss the "moments." But, when I "taste and see" my senses are overloaded and I wonder how I ever survived without it. If just stuck with self, I would be a miserable being, but to know there is more, more that I can do that has nothing to do with my gain or recognition, well then, there's peace like I've never known. He shows me, little by little, that I don't need to know every facet of my life calling at this very moment. I just need to wake up and ask Him to make me a blessing to someone, somewhere, and He will lay out the rest when He's ready. He asks me to scoot my chair up, put my napkin in my lap and eat like I have never eaten before.....eat the feast that only He knows how to prepare!

9 comments:

Lacy said...

Cute pictures...great and true words and I did not realize you were expecting AGAIN!!! You make me tired. ;)

Melissa Terry said...

I know God is so pleased with all that you are pouring into your family and I know that the harvest will be a 100 fold. Wish I was closer to come and hang out with your crew!!

We love you!

The Johnsons said...

I love having such a wise, godly girl to call my friend! Love you! Congrats, by the way!

Hulsey Fam said...

ok you are one wise momma...:) also the pic made me smile a really big smile:)

Simple Graces said...

There are never too many Durham's for us to not play...the more the better! Doesn't get any sweeter than another Baby Durham on the way...can't wait to hold this bundle! Love you friend.

The Hunters said...

hey stacey
can i get your email?
really!
when i was reading that I was so encouraged by your desire to seek the Lord in all times of your life, but even more desperately in THIS time, a lonely time, which I can relate to in many ways. It is even too hard to talk on the phone most days! Thank you for always "eating the Word" and showing us other mommies what that looks like daily as well.
thank you,
and CONGRATS! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it when people have big families, close together! I'm thinking this baby will be a girl who looks just like you!

Jan said...

It wasn't so long ago that I was in your boat and felt some of the the same sense of isolation. Four kids at home and daily coping with both the joys and the trials. Let me encourage you all the more. There is no greater place to be and no more productive soil to sow your life than in your home and family - always - even when you'll have opportunity to sow in fields all over the world. You have far more influence both in and out of your home than you realize. Faithfully feasting and doing what He puts in your hand today will open incredible doors, relationships and blessing for years to come. None the less - it's tough. So know that many love you and that 4 is not too many! You can go anywhere and do anything - just select who you go with. People who believe children are a blessing and a reward will gladly tolerlate a little chaos to share in the joy! So proud of you! Love, Jan G.

Nicole said...

Love this!! You are such a wise woman and your children are blessed to have you as their Momma! Our season at the lake in Longview was often lonely.. we lived 25-30 min away from most of our friends and it was just too much to get everyone dressed and out the door. BUT...I look back and see this time as one when God was forging our little family together. My kids are so close and I love that. They are totally ok with just playing with one another and not obsessed with having a friend over to play. While I am in no way saying you should intentionally stay isolated and never invite friends over, I do believe God does some really cool things when we are in these seasons. Praying for Him to overwhelm you and to knit your family together...your hearts and spirits!

Krich said...

Thank you for sharing! Very encouraging to me right now. Too bad we don't live in the same town. We could just hang out with a buncha kiddos!!! love ya!