Monday, September 21, 2009

Birthday Bashes!!

So, I turned the big 3-0 this weekend and I could hardly believe it! It seems like since I have been having sweet babies, the years are just slipping by:) I wanted to share some of the incredibly sweet things that my husband did, as well as, some of my very precious friends! First of all, Monty arranged for our little ones to go to Nana and Pops house for 4 days, then he took off Friday so we could just have fun:) We ate out, looked for houses , ate out some more, slept in, then ate out some more:) On Friday night, he asked me to get ready because we had surprise dinner reservations at 6 pm. Well, when I walked out to get in my car, my two precious friends Krista and Becky were waiting there to whisk me away for a girls night out...too fun! We ate at a fabulous Italian restaurant then went to a movie. Thanks girls!! Then on Saturday, we woke up early to look at as many houses as we could, and Monty surprised me before we left with a beautiful book he had made. It was filled with letters from the amazing women in my life, and was intended to overwhelm me with encouragement and love......it WORKED!! I have never read sweeter words and I was absolutely blown away with this act of thoughtfulness! Thank you, baby, for loving me so much that you think of ideas like this. Thank you, Becky and Krista, for being his hands and compiling such a memorable gift! Later that night, Monty had one more surprise up his sleeve as we arrived at a restaurant to meet "1 couple!" (haha) As I walked in, I was honored to find all of our closest friends and my sweet in laws there to celebrate:) After we left there, we went to Krista's for some fabulous homemade cheesecake with any topping creation you could imagine! Needless to say, this was an incredible birthday and I am so very very grateful!! Thank you, Monty, for being YOU and for putting so much effort into your relationship with Jesus, that your heart is truly a gift to anyone you know:) I am honored to be married to you!
(I am sorry I don't have any more pictures than this, but I never had my camera with me on my "surprise" trips:)
Monty brought me this gorgeous arrangement of 30 roses on my actual birthday! I LOVE flowers!

3 comments:

Lacy said...

Happy Birthday Stace! What a wonderful husband and friends you have!! You are an amazing woman and deserve it all.

Simple Graces said...

It was soooo fun! What a perfect weekend to celebrate such a sweet friend. Love you girlie!

Bonky's Mom said...

What a fun, fun birthday! So glad you had such a wonderful celebration!