Tuesday, August 12, 2008

He's a poet and didn't know it

So I just had to blog about something sweet and hilarious that my husband did:) Being 6 months pregnant, I sometimes have great intentions to go and purchase items, but just don't always get around to doing it! This leads me to my latest "only Monty" moment:) As I have stated many times before, my kids love to swim, but I don't always enjoy sitting outside, in the smoldering heat, watching them. I have also greatly desired to soak up a little sun, thinking that this might conceal my ever growing cellulite:) So, I thought I would purchase a fold out chair so I could turn the sprinkler on me, lay out, get a tan and watch them all at the same time. Well, going to the store specifically to find a chair was just not happening...pathetic, I know. Then, a few weekends ago, Monty came in after a long Saturday morning of restoring a fence in 100 degree weather, and asked me to please check in the garage for something he needed. When I walked out the door, I saw a new tri-fold lawn chair with this letter of endearment:
I am so glad you are Mine
I think you are so Fine
But you think your skin is Fair
So I went and bought you a Chair
Now you can lay out in the Sun
And tan your white Buns
But at the end of the Day
I can still Say
I think you are so Fine
And you are all Mine!
What more can I say...I ADORE THIS MAN!

9 comments:

Emily Suzanne said...

That's just wonderful!!
Very sweet :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet and thoughtful.

Antigone said...

Oh my goodness, that is the sweetest thing ever! He is a GREAT man. You are both very blessed to have each other. :-)

Bonky's Mom said...

I LOVE THIS! So funny...and very sweet! Yay Monty!

The Rowe Crew said...

Ha! What a dork :o)...I can say that b/c we are related, right?

Melissa Terry said...

Who knew!?! I think he should take a crack at writing children's books on the side. Do I get royalties for the idea? Wish I could lay out in your back yard with you!

Stephanie said...

OMG. That is hilarious. So, so funny and Fine.

Hulsey Fam said...

wow that was funny yet sweet:) ya'll make me laugh out loud often...and the music on the blog makes me proud of your skillzzz....

Anonymous said...

well isn't that just the sweetest thing??? i think you have a keeper! :) love you all.
-Caryn