Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hatch Time

So we were eating at a restaurant last night when Bryce announces he needs to "use the restroom." Now, this phrase indicates a little more serious business that needs to be done, so I get to handle this task:) He has entered a glorious phase of not wanting me to actually be in the stall with him, but wants to see my hand over the top of the door. It is so cute the way he organizes the whole scene. I know the lady in the next stall must be enjoying our little conversation so far. Then, in order to continue to entertain the other stalls, he completes his "duty" loudly, and calls me back in. As I enter the stall, he announces loud and proud "Mom, I hatched it!" Stalls go in an uproar:) He had the cutest look on his face, and I almost hated to tell him what "hatch" really meant! The exploration of different words and different meanings is endless at this phase and I LOVE how they sometimes crash into one hilarious sentence! They bring some serious joy to their mama's heart:)

5 comments:

The Johnsons said...

I love you, Bryce! He is too funny!! My favorite is when they cheer for you in the restroom for going potty...

Melissa Terry said...

That just makes me want to SQUISH him! Some kids go through funny stage, but Bryce has been there for so long. i just love him and his mama!

MKP said...

oh my gosh! that is adorable! I can't wait till Kai gets to that stage....just to hear what they come up with is halarious!

Room For More said...

okay--I love this term. In fact, I may start using it myself. : ) What a cutie!

The Rowe Crew said...

Ha! That boy cracks me up!!!