Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Gifts You Just Can't Buy

We found out on Monday that our newest little gift will join us on Friday!! Monty and I are thrilled, but I am not sure we could ever top the excitement of the kids:) They are so adorable, and I could not be more blessed to know that they are welcoming their brother with such joy and anticipation. They decided the other day that they wanted to get Blake a present. I told them that was a very sweet idea, and the next thing I know, they called me into Mayce's room to show me what they had come up with:) Yes, they decided to shove themselves in a box and give themselves as a gift! I told them that was the best gift they could give him, then, sadly, I had to explain that they couldn't stay in that box until he arrived. I did promise, however, that someday I would tell him their sweet plan:) Please keep us in your prayers as we pray for His presence to be so evident in that hospital room on Friday. After all, it's only in His presence that we find the fullness of His joy (Acts 2:28), and we could not ask for anything more as we welcome Blake into our Father's world:)

9 comments:

The Johnsons said...

I am so excited for you guys! What more to ask for for Thanksgiving?!? Your sweet family is definitely in our prayers! Can't wait to meet little Blake!

Melissa Terry said...

Have I mentioned how excited I am!?! I was just thinking tonight that his arrival definitely constituted a post and then here it was...even cuter than I could have imagined it! Praying for you guys and sweet Blake...

Bonky's Mom said...

Precious! I love it! I'm praying for a smooth delivery and for our Great God's presence to saturate every detail of the delivery!

Hulsey Fam said...

Precious I tell ya...we will be praying on Friday and can't wait to meet the new "Durham"! You da' woman, you will do great my sweet friend. love ya!!!

Stephanie said...

OMG. That is the sweetest thing. What a loving family you have. Praying for your unforgettable day.

Much love.

Antigone said...

Hey, day after Thanksgiving, that's what I'm talking about. Get some of that good food in ya before the lovely hospital food. Better than what I had going into labor with Carson, Ramen Noodles, ha! And when the contractions started getting closer, I made a second bowl.

All of you guys will be in our prayers and we pray that Friday will be easy (ha) and that Blake is healthy and happy!

XOXO

Antigone said...

Oh and I completely forgot to say how stinkin' cute the kids are and how thoughtful and loving that is. They are going to be great Big sister and brother's.

Dane, Jamie, Dillon and Drew said...

We are so excited for our new cousin to get here. We love yall! Mayce and Bryce are adorable! God is with you and will take precious care of both Momma and baby Blake!!

Simple Graces said...

Precious, Precious! Can't wait to see the lil' man. We will pray for peace, rest and a divinely appointed staff at the hospital on Friday!