Friday, January 18, 2008

5 AM

5 am. That's right...5 am in the morning seems to be the work out time of choice for the Durham household these days. I find it mildly insane, but unbelievably invigorating as well. I concluded the "insane" part after the first day of strain, when I woke up and could hardly lift myself back off of the toilet! The next day, I knew I had to re-work the sore spots to help them feel better. Re-work the sore spots....how crazy is that concept? About as crazy as the way I often doubt the Lord, get angry about a certain situation and drag myself through more hurt than He ever intended. Do growing pains hurt? Obviously, or they would not be called "pains." But what makes the difference between a "growing pain" and a "self inflicted" pain is my choice of praise or pity in the midst of trial. Sure, it hurt to re-work my muscles, but I submitted my body to it, knowing the end result is greatly desired. (Two kids...I need the end result:) I was reading this morning in 1 Chron. 12 where it talks about King Rehoboam's rebellious choices and the fast approaching attack that the Lord was allowing Egypt to carry out on Judah. Now, the king had not listened to the Lord, as his father Solomon had, and his people were not pleased with him...neither was God. So the Lord was going to allow Egypt to rip into Judah until....."so the leaders of Israel and the king humbled themselves, and they said, 'The Lord is righteous.' Now when the Lord saw they had humbled themselves, the word of the Lord came saying 'They have humbled themselves, therefore I will NOT destroy them, but will grant them some deliverance." (12:6-7) Now, granted, the king had created this situation with his rebellion, but the end result is what makes me stand in awe of our mighty and gracious God.......my sincere, heartfelt praise will always reach His heart and move Him to action on my part. Absolutely amazing! After such a long reign of disobedience, the king suddenly had a heart change, and the Lord delivered him when he "deserved" to be attacked. Whether it be turning from my own rebellion, or enduring His process of maturing, my praise bonds me with the heart of our Creator and assures me, no matter what, that His plan WILL prevail! No greater peace will I ever find. Just something to think about.

"May the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." (Ps. 19:14)

2 comments:

sahmqueen said...

WOW! 5 AM, eh? How do you do it? What type of workout do you do? What time do you go to bed? I am a night owl. I find it hard to get out of bed at 7:00 AM to get my kid ready for school, let alone get a workout in. In fact, I should be working out now since kiddos are down for a nap, but no, I sit here and look at blogs. UGGHHH! I know what you mean about praise connecting you to God. My sister and I were just talking about that. She and my mil (yes my mil) just had an intimate warfare time in mil's living room. The two of them worshiped and prayed and felt a HUGE breakthrough in the Spirit. I am so glad they did. Now I need to do the same. I will go put on my "Glorious" CD from CFNI and do some praisin. Thanks for the reminder of how important it really is.

glory

sahmqueen said...

I am not planning on being at either service. I am going to join a Thurs. 10 am Bible Study on "Intercessory Prayer." I am really excited, and I think the kids will do ok in childcare there. Feel free to email me at gbeth76@hotmail.com with info on the home group. We are really wanting something twice a month.

I am really in awe that you get up so early to workout and have time with God. Do you exercise to a video?