Thursday, January 22, 2009

Heart To Heart

At bedtime, the other night, Mayce and I were laying in her bed visiting. Mayce and I have many deep conversations throughout the day, because she is definitely a deep thinker. She rarely takes information at face value, but tries to dissect it and figure out every detail. We have recently had many discussions about how we hear God, and I have walked away from most of them thinking, "Ok Lord, please make that one clear, because I know I have thoroughly confused her!" HA! Well, this particular night, we were contemplating hearing God in our heart, but not always hearing a "voice." I was explaining that we often hear him in our heart and we, then, know what we should or should not do. After a very long moment of silence, she sat up and proceeded to fling her body on my face, with her chest smashing my nose. Completely muffled, I said, "Honey, what exactly are you doing?" She, then, replied with a very disappointed tone
"Mama, I just can't hear Him, so could you please listen to my heart and tell me what He says!"
Priceless!
I think we've just moved into a whole new topic of discussion.....intercessory prayer:)


11 comments:

Becky said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!! What an awesome bond the two of you are developing and I love that your sweet children already have a deep love for the Lord. Amazing! Your family is just precious! I sure would love to see you guys sometime in the near future... how can we make that happen?? :)

Bonky's Mom said...

LOL I love this! Precious little girl she is!

Hulsey Fam said...

Great story Stace... and I love that pic of sweet little Macy she radiates HIM so obviously... good job Mama:)

Messenger International said...

What a priceless experience and amazing story!! God will bless that faith in your Mayce!!

We'd love for you to check out and 'follow' John & Lisa Bevere's blogs...

www.MessengerInternational.blogspot.com - the ministry sharing life-transforming truth

www.PearlAlliance.blogspot.com - the branch working to prevent human trafficking

Blessings!

Christy said...

You and your precious family always make me smile. Macye is just as incredible as her momma! Love you!

The Hunters said...

how precious! i am praying for hearts like hers in my little girls'. sweet, tender, teachable, and innocent! what a great story!

Sarah Wronko said...

Oh my word this is soooo precious Stacy! You have such an amazing little girl! This story melts my heart! I would love to get together and get to know each other better! The next couple of weeks are pretty busy for me and then I will be close to delivering so after Elaina is here lets defintely make plans to get together! That would mean a lot to me! :)

Krich said...

Hey Stacy!! I have been reading your blog for awhile, but haven't had a chance to comment yet. Your family is precious!! Congrats on the new one!!! So cute (not surprising)!!! Sounds like you guys are doing well. Love ya!!! Kara (Frazier)

MKP said...

Wow. How precious! That is such an amazing story. I love the honesty and simplicity of kids. So priceless!
Love you girl!

Francesca said...

They are all three so beautiful.

Antigone said...

Wow! I meant to comment on this way back when you first posted it because I had just had the same conversation with my friends on how do you "hear" what God is speaking to you. I was telling them how it is hard for me to hear him and how do they know when they hear him. I think you summed it up perfectly, you hear him in your heart and then you know your answer.
I know I am 31 or somewhere around there, but this post spoke volumes to me! Thank you and I am so blessed to call you family! mwah! xoxox