Sunday, March 1, 2009

Let's not pretend....

....that life is always easy, or remotely close to it. Lately, when I go to pray for those close to me, my heart is swollen with pain, and there are truly only "groans and moans" from the Spirit being expressed. Words don't seem to touch it...my words, that is. "And then....God." His Spirit swarms in, as if He were a bee and the situation were honey. He moves on our behalf in a way that is indescribable, and He executes a plan that is incomparable...and we are forever changed. Day by day, minute by minute, second by second, He offers these life changing scenarios if we will just ask. The beauty of His design is that we play such a massive role....you might say, we connect the Beekeeper, via the Queen bee, with the hive.

Dutch Sheets explains it this way: "We, through prayers of intercession, meet the powers of darkness, enforcing the victory Christ accomplished when He met them in His work of intercession."

Christ created, captured and confirmed all the power we ever need and He simply asks us to believe and open our mouth. Believe and open our mouth....He then calls the meeting into order and takes care of business!

What's my heart for today?.....that your prayers may be a little different than they were yesterday. That there will be a stirring deep within you to go beyond the circumstance and seek the Source. For truly "we are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God." (2 Cor. 5: 20-21)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been struggling with prayer lately and decided that will be my next study to focus on--to grow on. So, I am starting the Disciples prayer life in the morning and your post was neat to read before my journey of prayer growth begins.

Anonymous said...

I've been struggling with prayer lately and decided that will be my next study to focus on--to grow on. So, I am starting the Disciples prayer life in the morning and your post was neat to read before my journey of prayer growth begins.

The Rowe Crew said...

I love when the Lord speaks truth through you!!! And thank you for being obedient to share...God is speaking straight to my heart on this topic right now and I am encouraged by this. Love you.

Hulsey Fam said...

very encouraging my friend, thanks for sharing your heart, you are precious:)

The Hunters said...

it is always encouraging to hear your heart for the Lord. you speak encouragement as well. there are not many like you stacey. it is neat to see the Lord work in your life.

The Buster Bunch said...

Wow. Thanks for sharing! That is such an encouragement to me. Prayer is one of the hardest things for me and I don't know why. This is something the Lord is contstantly working on with me. Thanks!

Simple Graces said...

So encouraging and such a great reminder! I've got to read that book next. Speak up more often my friend...your words are powerful!

The Johnsons said...

Preach it Stacy! I love it when your heart pours out so beautifully through your fingers. His words are powerful through you! The older I get, the more I realize just how ugly this rotten world is, and it becomes more and more evident how much time I need to be spending on my knees in some POWERFUL prayer! Thanks for this reminder, I needed it!

Emily Suzanne said...

Miss you! How are you guys?

Messenger International said...

Beautiful and deep and gifted and true.

Thank you for sharing! We love the Durham fam!

Becky Curtis said...

Love this! You are such an encouragment! Thanks for taking the time to share and inspire those around you.